Office 2010 to Office 2013 Upgrade Program
Microsoft already offers an upgrade plan for Windows 7 to Windows 8. Enticing customers not to hold off on the purchase, by gaurenteeing a significantly reduced purchase rate on the upgrade in the future (which we all know is right around the corner).
Microsoft will now be announcing a similar upgrade program for its next Office suite in a month, according to ZDnet reporter Mary Jo Foley.
Citing a source at Microsoft who provided images from a now removed Microsoft site, she outlined the core tenants of the upcoming plan. The upgrade path will apply to users transitioning from the following catagories into similar SKUs of the Office 365 (AKA Office 2013, see details here):
- Office Home and Student 2010 can choose between Office 365 Home Premium OR Office Home & Student 2013
- Office Home and Business can choose between Office 365 Home Premium OR Office Home & Business 2013
- Office Pro 2010 can choose between Office 365 Home Premium OR Office Professional 2013
- Office University 2010 (and the Mac edition) can upgrade to Office 365 University (and applicable Mac versions)
- Office for MAC Home and Student 2011 can upgrade to Office 365 Home Premium
Similar offers have been made in the past, with Microsoft announcing in 2010 an upgrade path for Office 2007 purchasers.
According to the article by ZDnet, the deal details will be released on October 19th and will apply to purchases between June 2nd 2012, to January 31st 2013.